YAST (Yet Another Standard Theme) WordPress theme September 27th, 2008
Bugfix Release v1.1 is available! For more info’s take a look at the end of this article.
YAST (Yet Another Standard Theme) is a good looking kubrik compliant theme for WordPress.
You are looking at it RIGHT NOW!
It is not only good looking, the additional features are really nice:
- Customizable head area
- Customizable background colors
- Ability to switch the menu right or left handed
- The images are only 14.1 KB in size, including the head image!
- Out of the box localized with the following languages:
But i won’t conceal that there’s a handicap: It WILL look ugly in MS-IE 6.0 and under. That’s because MS-IE 6.0 is giving a shit about W3C compliant programming. With MS-IE 7.0 and above everything looks good.
Do you want to know what this theme looks like in other colors?
Ok, try this: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta (this doesn’t work correctly in IE, please use Firefox or Opera instead)
You can set any color you whish, just follow the steps beneath.
How do i customize it?
- For the head area, simply replace the file /yast/img/logo.jpg with a jpg of your choice, it should be 810 by 134 pixels in size, if it’s smaller it will be tiled, if it’s bigger some areas aren’t shown and a waste of traffic.
- For the background colors (you see them in blue here) edit this file at the end (there will be more instructions there): /yast/style.css
- To switch the menu to the left side, edit this file at the end (there will be more instructions there): /yast/style.css
- to change the background tile, simply replace the file /yast/img/bg.png with a png of your choice.
- If you want this theme in your native language, you have to be sure to set the “define (‘WPLANG’, ”);” directive in your wp-config.php correctly (e.g. “define (‘WPLANG’, ‘de_DE’);” for german).
How do i install it?
- Download the .zip and copy it to your /wp-content/themes/ directory
- Unzip it
- Go to your WordPress admin area and to the “Design” area
- Click on the link pronouncing “YAST (Yet Another Standard Theme)”, afterwards klick the link on the upper right corner of the popup.
That’s it! Have fun!
Download: YAST Theme For WordPress v1.1
The CSS, XHTML and design is released under GPL license.
The Update from v1.0 to v1.1 is a bugfix release only.
- Fixed a bug causing the document not to be valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- Fixed a bug causing the layout to crash if the “search widget” is used instead of the standard menu.
The updated files are: style.css, index.php, search.php, single.php, functions.php and searchform.php.
Updaters have to replace this files only.
This entry was posted on Saturday, September 27th, 2008 at 17:07 and is filed under Design
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
feed.You can leave a response
, or trackback
from your own site.